Wigwam Mills, Inc. is a long-standing leader in the US-based development and manufacturing of high-quality, performance socks. We work together as a team and know that our greatest asset is a loyal, well-informed employee. Founded in 1905 by the Chesebro family, Wigwam remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned business, proudly located in Sheboygan, WI for over 110 years!
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION:
The VP of Finance oversees a diverse team of business operations specialists including accounting, credit, payroll, and information technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, operate, and maintain the essential operating systems, information, and financial business systems of the company.
- Manage the company Accounting, Payroll, IT and Credit activities and associated personnel.
- Fully understand the business objectives and develop KPI’s to measure leading indicators of success reporting this information weekly with ownership.
- Develop annual business plans, forecasts, and financial modeling that can be used to effectively guide the company’s strategic decision making.
- Administer the company benefit plan, 401K plan, and business insurance.
- Manage the annual review, 401K audit, sales, and corporate tax preparation.
- Manage financial and banking relationships and related activities.
- Act as company Secretary and Treasurer.
- Draft and implement policies and best practices to support achievement of objectives and required standards and maintain internal controls.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
- Own a key role in the strategy and functionality of company performance, measurement, and growth.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership.
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development & implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, interpersonal skills & good judgement
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA and CPA license preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in the financial function of a company required.
- Retail and/or eCommerce industry background a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational, execution and leadership skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
To apply, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com,
To send a resume via mail - P.O. Box 818, Sheboygan, WI 53082 or call 1-855-275-0356
Wigwam Mills, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans and Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.